You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Sep 20, 2018
The Canadian Mental Health Association’s Annual Mental Health Week is May 7-13, 2018
Each May, Canadians in communities, schools, workplaces and the House of Commons rally around CMHA Mental Health Week.
- 2018 marks the 67th annual CMHA Mental Health Week.
- Mental Health Week is led by the Canadian Mental Health Association, which is also celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
Mental health is about more than mental illness
- One in five Canadians live with mental health problems, mental illnesses or addiction.
- But the reality is, five in five of us have mental health, just like we all have physical health.
- We can all benefit from celebrating, promoting and acknowledging the role that good mental health plays in living a full and meaningful life.
Let’s #GetLoud about what mental health really is
- Mental health is about more than being happy all the time. It’s about feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life, and managing life’s highs and lows.
- Everyone deserves to feel well, whatever their mental health experience. And we all need a support system to lean on.
- Visit www.mentalhealthweek.ca for info and tools about CMHA Mental Health Week.
- At the site you can SHARE communications materials, WRITE your local MP or DONATE to support CMHA programs and initiatives.